 |
| The sunset-at this point we are almost to my hometown. |
As much as we wanted to answer the question “Are you guys coming
home this year?” we had to give the vague, “We don’t know.” to both mine and
Tim’s families. Tim put in a request in August, I believe, and I put my name
down at the end of August to be off for the holidays. Tim is still considered
new and we were not sure if he would be allowed off for both Christmas and
Thanksgiving. I was stressed. I wasn't sure what the best choice was. If we
only got one holiday off which family to visit? I worried because I didn't want
either side to feel slighted or hurt that we chose to go to one family instead
of the other. In the end we found out the week before Thanksgiving that Tim
would be able to go on vacation. The decision of where to go became a financial
one. We couldn't afford two plane tickets that close to the holidays and
driving to Ky in our gas saving Prius wouldn't be that expensive. So we chose
Thanksgiving with my family and hoped to be able to spend Christmas with Tim’s.
I am so grateful that we got to go home. My grandmother loves Tim,
I honestly think she would chose him over me! That’s sort of a joke, but kind
of not. She thinks that he is smart and a good person. We spent several hours
in the mornings with her and then a couple of hours in either the afternoon or
at night depending on what else we were doing. We got to see my brother, his
wife, their two kids and his grandmother (plus some other people from his side
of the family, but I can’t think of their names or how they are related to
him).
I was really excited to see Justin and Taylor, I haven’t seen them
in about four years, my niece, Emerson, was just a baby and now she is 6! I had
never met my niece Adeline, who is a doll, she is 1! We spent some time with
them and my other older brother William and his wife Lisa stopped by for a
little bit-they were getting ready to go to Lexington to watch the UK
basketball game and we didn't get to spend nearly as much time as we would have liked with them. We were also able to go out to dinner and see Christmas lights
with them. Justin and Tim got along great and I am really happy they got to
meet! I am also glad that I got to see my favorite Taylor, my sister-in-law.
She is more like a sister and I adore her. I have known her since I was 16 (I
think). She is a great person. I am lucky to know her.
Leaving was hard, as always I never know when I will be able to go
back home. I never know if it is the last time I will be able to see my
grandmother. It was hard. After driving for about 14 ½ hours we made it safely
home. It to longer to get home than to get there because: Dwight threw up while
in the front seat (picture dog puke on Tim, in my purse and the car), it was
snowing in West Virginia and traffic in Maryland. But luckily we had a safe and
relatively uneventful drive.
There was plenty more that we did. We saw friends and had other
interesting experiences, but this post is long enough. If you read all of
it-you’re a trooper. If you just skimmed it there are some cute photos for you
to take a peek at! Coming soon-Christmas in Az blog.
 |
| Me with Tim and Emerson. |
 |
| Tim and I in a sleigh. |
 |
| Emerson posing for the camera. |
 |
| Emerson and her sister Adeline. |
 |
| Me, Emerson, Justin, Adeline and Tim |
 |
| My sister-in-law told my brother not to do the peace sign-so I helped him out. |
 |
| Tim with my grandmother. |
No comments:
Post a Comment