Summer 2012 has been short, LONG, hard, EASY, silly, boring, FUN, silent,
LOUD, empty, FULL, working, SLEEPING, friends, FAMILY, busy, not busy, fun,
HARD, lots of food, DEPRESSING, road trips, patience, learning, BONDING,
hurting, thinking, changing, MISSING, growing closer to Tim while being separated
by thousands of miles.
I have not blogged in a while and I kind of miss it. I know a lot
of people do not read my blog, but writing it is like taking a look back at how
far Tim and I have come and I love that. June was busy and kind of easy. I
spent it working and I had just got back from seeing Tim so I was missing him
less. July was a blessing as well because I was able to go and see him again.
Then I started the countdown. Tim was supposed to be coming home on Aug 22, it
was set in stone, his plane ticket was bought we would be living together in a
few short weeks. Well one lesson learned this summer is that nothing is set in
stone and that things do not always work the way I believe they should (I kind
of already knew that, but I suppose it’s good to have it reinforced sometimes. J) Tim did not come home.
Long story short at the beginning of the
summer military officials asked Tim (and the other Airmen) a health survey about
their wives and Tim answered that I had asthma. Now that is a true statement,
sort of. I have asthma attacks when I get bronchitis, or when I get other respiratory
illnesses. So maybe two times a year (usually once) I will get sick and then I
have to be careful because my asthma flairs up. But I never really saw myself
as having an illness. I do not take medication and only very rarely use my
inhaler. I believe this year it has been used twice and that was due to having
bronchitis. However because of that I needed to have my doc medically clear me
to travel with Tim…..something they were supposed to tell him in June and due
to a mix up in paperwork they did not tell him until two days after he was
supposed to come home. The 11 page
document that had to be filled out by my doctor took a week for me to get
filled out and will now take about 2 weeks to be processed. Though Tim was told
that they are trying to expedite the process so that we can move to our next
base…together.
August
has been the most difficult month for me. I quit work on August 17, in order to
pack (as I thought I was moving). So my time is not really filled and as people
know nothing breeds sorrow faster than sitting around the house feeling sorrow
for one ’s self. Luckily I am blessed with an abundance of love surrounding me.
Sister-in-laws who loan me their children, time and house. Aunts and cousins
who share with me their food, support, ears and babies to cuddle. Nieces and
newphews who play and act silly and dogs who cuddle and give kisses. They have
kept me afloat during this difficult time.
I saw Tim over the
Labor Day weekend and it was great. We watched t.v., ate really crappy food,
took a road trip (ended up in Oklahoma), saw some cows , horse and more cows,
played games and got some rest. It was bliss. I am grateful for that
opportunity and everybody who helped by watching my dogs, letting me park my
car at their house or by thinking and praying for us.
If you are still
reading this you deserve a gold medal. J
No comments:
Post a Comment