Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can't escape that damage.
But now, I am also leaning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.
-Four, Divergent-

Monday, May 28, 2012


So I am here in Texas reviewing the last 8 weeks of my life. It’s possible several of my family and friends think that I have been kind of distant and I suppose that would be a correct assumption. But here’s a confession for you: these last couple of months have been painful and difficult. To hear Tim’s name made me ache. To hear questions of how he was was to say the least painful. Not that I was upset with the questions or thought they were wrong, that is not what I am saying. But every question that had his name in it pushed my mind to think of him and thinking of him was to say the least brutal.

Tim has done wonderful. He is one of the best in his group and he has made me incredible proud. He says of the experience that he has both loved and hated boot camp. He has made friends, which is no surprise and has told others of his beliefs even getting one of his new friends to meet with the missionaries at church. I am not surprised-I’m just proud.

This week Tim graduates and we are so excited. We have had limited contact-on Sundays we get a 10-15 phone call, but we are excited to be reunited. I flew in today, Monday. More than likely it will be Thursday before I see him, but there is the slimmest of chances that we may get to see each other on Tuesday and Wednesday. Why did I come so early? To sit in a hotel room and wait for the call of my husband that may or may not come? Actually yes that is exactly why I came so early. I’m sure some find it silly-but I do not care. These past few weeks have been a deep pit of depression, loneliness and work problems that have left me sleepless, anxious, angry, worried and depressed. Now I am sleeping about 5 min (not even that) from Tim’s base. I love being this close even if we are not together yet-I can wait.

For those wondering, we do not yet know where we will be stationed. We should be getting that info sometime in mid-July. The next phase of Tim’s career will start next Monday when he starts school. But this is an improvement as Tim will be able to call people at night after school. His communication will be more frequent with everyone. He loves and misses you all, as do I.
Love and Blessings,

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment