Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can't escape that damage.
But now, I am also leaning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.
-Four, Divergent-

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of year

Well Tim and I have had a very interesting Christmas season. Being away from Tim's family was incredible difficult. We both missed them bunches, especially all the kiddos. We decided to go up and spend the weekend with my grandma because she was going to be alone. So we left Christmas Eve when Tim got off work. About an hour or so into the trip and friend texted to let me know that it was snowing in KY, no big deal or so we thought. Well about a hour away from my hometown the roads had been terrible for awhile and I was pretty much fearing for my life. I mean have any of you actually ridden with Tim before? (Sidenote: Tim says his driving is perfection and I am scared for no reason.) (Sidenote Sidenote: I say for those who question me, ride with Tim on ice or in rain, or really just ride with him :)
So then our car starts to act really weird and finally just stops, which wonderfully enough is also about the same time that our phone starts to die. So I quickly call a friend, who fortunately is from PA, which means he can navigate the ice and snow. So we pull off the side of the road and I am still freaking out. Because people are trying to drive like they usually do. I am sorry but going 70 on ice....not smart people. As luck would have it my friend must has sensed our distress because he call 911 and let them know where we were and that we might need some assistance because it would take him a bit to get there. Thus my recent facebook status about sitting in a police car. When the police got there we had no heat. So while the men folk where looking at the car the police officer being the southern gentleman that he was offered to let me sit in his wonderfully warm car, I was shortly joined by a frozen Timmy.
Well needless to say my friend got there and we went to his house where we spent Christmas Day. Sunday we got a battery for the car and went to see my grandma. She was so grateful and happy to see us. We gave her, the gifts we got her and had lunch. It was such fun and all to soon we were back on the road to GA.
We are so thankful for:
Friends who will pick us up off the side of the road..in snow no less.
Police Officers...with warm cars.
Snow, it can be beautiful
Family
Safety

Love and miss everybody....Jess and Tim
PS I forgot my camera....no pics from us. Lo siento mi familia.

No comments:

Post a Comment