Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can't escape that damage.
But now, I am also leaning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.
-Four, Divergent-

Friday, December 28, 2012

December


December for us has been pleasant. Nothing extraordinary happened on our side of the US, but nothing bad happened either, so we a loving the happy middle. Tim continues to do well at his job. I continue to be a stay at home wife (for the record I have a new found serious amount of respect for stay at home mothers/wives). I begin school again in January (thankfully I am almost done); I am also continuing to look for a part time job with no luck. I am not sure why I have not found a job, if it’s that I will be in school or that I do not want to work Sundays or they feel I am overqualified to work there. Maybe a little bit of all or maybe none, who knows? I am grateful to not have to stress too much about not having a job and husband who says not to worry.
I missed everybody back home this year, especially all my nieces and nephews. I loved the calls that I got from family, the Christmas cards, emails and presents. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts, you were all in ours as well.

Our Christmas was quiet. Tim had to work, but after he got off work we went to a friend’s house and had Christmas dinner. I made sweet potato casserole for the first time and it was really good. We already gave our gifts to each other weeks ago. Tim got a new television for the living room and I got a new couch that will be arriving Wednesday. We got wonderful gifts from Mom J (a blanket and a movie: both were really appreciated, it’s cold here) and Iris and Tim sent us a game (Qwirkle is the best game ever, but I have still yet to beat Tim at it) and a book about a physicist except it’s written like a comic book.

Our calling at church remains fun. Our kids have a lot of personality and were excited about Christmas last week. Hopefully they are a little calmer this week. We are enjoying being in primary together. On Sunday both Tim and I have talks to give. Neither one of us has written them yet. I was not given a topic and inspiration has yet to strike on what I should write about.

Tomorrow we are going with our friends and their son to Washington, D.C. and we are excited. We have never been before. Hopefully I get lots of pictures. I am sure it will be fun.

Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment